Identity of the Data Controller
SRK Specialist Cars Ltd of Unit 4 Pilch Farm, Pilch Lane, Singleborough, Milton Keynes MK170NX is the Data Controller. Our ICO registration number is [no. ZA201100]
Contact Details of the Data Protection Officer
Scott Knight is the Data Protection Officer and can be contacted at [email protected] / 01296 733894.
What information do we collect and why?
We will collect certain personal information from and about you in the course of your relationship with us.
This information could include your name, address, age, gender, contact details, employment history, payment card details, drivers licence information, driver insurance history, CCTV imagery.
We may collect this information from you when you sign up to receive emails from us, enquire about one of our products, request a finance or insurance product application, purchase any vehicle/service from us or visit our premises.
We also gather information relating to you and your online behaviour less directly by:
- from third parties acting on your behalf to facilitate enquiries or finance applications – we use this information for the purposes of providing services to you;
- by tracking you online and across devices, including using cookies (in accordance with our cookies policy available online at www.srkcars.co.uk – we use this to (i) provide better service to you on our websites, (ii) market our products and services where we have appropriate consents to do so, and (iii) prevent the use of our app/website for fraudulent transactions;
We are processing your information
- to be able to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, offers, booking, products and/or services that you request from us
- for marketing purposes (where it is in our legitimate interests to promote our Services and we have balanced our legitimate interests with any potential risks to your data protection rights and consider that these are outweighed by the significant benefits in being able to provide the Services to you and to promote our business or, where we pass your information to third parties for direct marketing purposes, you have opted in to receive such marketing.
- as this is necessary in pursuit of our legitimate interests in offering, improving and marketing the Services. We have balanced our legitimate interests with any potential risks to your data protection rights and consider that these are outweighed by the significant benefits in being able to provide the Services to you and to improve our Services.
- If documents are handed over with a part exchange or a vehicle brought into stock from elsewhere we will keep these documents with the vehicle to help evidence the history of the vehicle. This is a legitimate interest not only for us and any new owner but for the wider market in regard to fraud prevention and safety.
Purposes and legal basis for processing
Customer details on invoices, finance applications will be processed on the lawful basis of contract in order to enter into a sales agreement.
Enquiry details will be processed on the lawful basis of legitimate interest being that of communicating with the enquirer about vehicles or other services. This is direct marketing which is lawful under GDPR Recital 47. Customers can opt out of receiving such reminders by contacting Scott Knight at [email protected]
CCTV footage will be processed on the lawful basis of legitimate interests. *The legitimate interest being that of keeping the property, employees and visitors safe and secure.
Third party recipients of your data
In the course of business, we may pass your details on to third parties. We have written contracts in place with these named parties to ensure they are looking after your data to GDPR standards. These third parties include:
- our IT service and infrastructure providers that we use as part of our website, customer and accounting software and IT storage solutions
- any other third-party entities who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us such as finance companies, insurance companies, feedback requests, warranty companies and the DVLA.
- any other third parties as required by law or for the purposes of crime (including fraud), to prevent or investigate breaches of, or to enforce, our Terms, to respond to or investigate security vulnerabilities, or to respond to emergencies, and to protect the rights of third parties.
Unless otherwise advised, your personal data will be kept for a period of 7 years in order to comply with HMRC requirements.
- CCTV footage will be kept for a period of 3 months.
- Test drive data will be held for a period of 6 months
- Employment applications will be held for a period of 4 months.
Your rights in regard to your personal data
As a Data Subject you have a number of rights in regard to your personal data and these include the right to request from [your company name] access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing concerning your data or to object to processing as well as the right of data portability. More information on these rights can found on the website of Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk.
Where we have processed personal data on the lawful basis of consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Right to Complain
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office at www.ico.org.uk about any breach in regard to your data.
Provision of data
In most cases, the provision of your personal data is necessary to enter into a contract with us.
Changes to this policy
We reserve the right to amend or update this policy at any time. The latest version will be available on our website at www.srkcars.co.uk and in our reception area.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit or certain emails you open. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide business and marketing information to the owners of the site. For more detailed information about cookies visit www.allaboutcookies.org
How to control and delete cookies
List of the main cookies
Here is a list of some cookies that may be set by us while using our web site ASPSESSIONID and ASP.NET_SessionID allow us to recognise your requests from page to page. This allows us to remember your previous selections and choices, navigate back to previous pages etc. These cookies are removed when you close your browser.
AutoChat may be set if we use live chat on our web site. This is a web site analytic cookie.
Google.com provides web site analytics and may set the following cookies __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz
Third Party Cookies
We use a number of suppliers who also set cookies on our website on its behalf in order to deliver the services that they are providing. We sometimes embed photos, video, social sharing icons and other content from external websites such as YouTube, Flickr and social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+. As a result, when you visit a page with content embedded from one of these sites you may be presented with cookies from their website. We do not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the relevant third party website for more information about these. Here is a list of some cookies that may be set by our third parties while using our web site:
Flash Cookies (local shared objects)
From time to time, we may use Adobe's Flash Player to deliver content. To improve user experience, Local Shared Objects - or Flash Cookies as they are commonly known - are employed to provide features such as auto-resume and for saving your preferences. Flash Cookies are stored on a user's terminal much the same as cookies are, however it is not possible to manage them at browser level in the same way. The Adobe website provides comprehensive information on how to delete or disable Flash cookies either for a specific domain or for all websites - see Here for details. Please be aware that restricting the use of Flash Cookies may affect the features available to you for Flash based applications.
Information that is gathered from visitors
Almost all Web servers record users requests made upon them (such as the visitor's IP address, browser type, referring page and time of visit) in log files.
How the Information is used
The information is used to enhance the vistor's experience when using the website to display personalised content.
Personal data, such as names and email addresses will not be sold, rented or leased, and not kept longer than required to provide the service it was supplied for.
E-mail may be sent to you for the purpose you registered but will not be used for unrelated marketing.
If you have subscribed to our newsletter, you may unsubscribe by replying to any of the email correspondants and simply state you wish to unsubscribe to the service.